3/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 cups all-purpose flour
Jam or chocolate spread for filling
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets and set them aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Mix well, then add in the salt and baking powder. Slowly pour in the flour, making sure it’s fully mixed before adding more.
3. Once the dough is mixed, remove it from the bowl and onto a piece of parchment paper.
4. Using a round cookie cutter, cup, or glass, cut out circles from the dough. Remove the scraps from around the dough. Place a little of filling into the center of each circle. Fold in the two sides and pinch at the top to close. Bring the bottom side up, forming the cookie into a triangle shape. Pinch all 3 corners to seal.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden on the bottom and around the edges.
By: Ariela Jaimovich (10th)